About the book:
PROOF: The Philippine Baker’s Guide is a one-of-a-kind book that goes back to the basics of baking for small scale bakeries and industrial setting. The book is loaded with valuable technical baking information in one easy-to-read, fully illustrated volume. With this book, bakers and bakery production personnel can brush up on the standard terms and methodology practiced in the baking industry.
PSB continues its vision of developing the skills of its members in one handy guidebook. PROOF: The Philippine Baker’s Guide also aims to help bakers become more fluent in using baker’s percentage in formulating their bakery products. This informative guide features:
- Bakery Math (baker’s percent to grams, calculated water temperature, etc.)
- Step-by-step photographs of major mixing methods and baking processes
- How ingredients function in breads , cakes, pies, pastries, and cookies
- Troubleshooting for breads and cakes
- Bread making and cake-making pointers
- And many more!
Publisher: Philippine Society of Baking
Publication Date: 2014
Size: 235 x 160mm
Awards for PROOF:
Third Place, Best Authors & Chefs – Gourmand World Cookbook Awards 2017